Question Where should i stay for 2 months in the Philipines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm planning on leaving for the philippines in 2 weeks to get my nitrox, efr, rescue and divemasters and I'm torn between staying in coron, bohol, or dumaguete for the 2 months that I'm going to be there. Apo Reef and Dauin look great and there seems like there's a lot to do in Dumaguete. More intreasted in bigger fish and reef diving. Any ideas?

You're leaving in two weeks time and you haven't planned anything yet?

You're leaving in two weeks and you haven't planned anything yet?
not everything considering I'm going solo.. usually play it by ear but regardless Im flying into Manila and was just wondering what the best place to stay and consistently dive for about a month and a half..

Besides Apo Island Dauin is mostly muck diving. For reef diving Bohol has some good reefs, and you might look into Puerto Galera which has excellent reef diving. Do you have an end purpose for getting your divemaster cert?

I'm planning on leaving for the philippines in 2 weeks to get my nitrox, efr, rescue and divemasters and I'm torn between staying in coron, bohol, or dumaguete for the 2 months that I'm going to be there. Apo Reef and Dauin look great and there seems like there's a lot to do in Dumaguete. More intreasted in bigger fish and reef diving. Any ideas?
1. I assumed your have obtained two months stay visa. And if you are thinking to extend the usual 30 days entry free visa then make sure you have quick access to the nearest passport office.
2. Apo Island and Apo Reef is miles apart.
3. You are better of to stay at Visayas because there are several good diving places to explore.

Have a nice trip and please do not forget to post a trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom