Where is my post/thread: "Moderator and Thread Participation"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It got pretty nasty on all sides and was going down fast. I'm pretty surprised at some the heated comments I was reading as it got pulled. I think it really was best to close it. Hiding it let's people who got caught up in the moment save some face, as some of the responses were a bit overly emotional (on a lot of sides). :)

ps, I think the thread should have ended around post #4, as the relevant questions were answered and accepted by parties involved.

The previous thread is now in a closed "back room" forum.

It was moved there because one of the participants on the thread threatened Scubaboad with legal action and the thread needed to be "frozen" and saved because of that.

Was I participating in that thread? :cool:

dang - now what am I gonna do with all this popcorn I prepared? it was just getting good!

:popcorn:

You can share it with me if you want :)

Orphaned Limericks from Dead Threads:

Noob, seeking knowledge, posts harmonious

But answer-posts are acrimonious!

Mods will roll in

To stop the trollin’

Saved from villain-ious, felonious, baloney-us!

I stopped participating in a forum on another topic after one of the mods would 'moderate' any post that differed politically than his.

Well, now I know why it disappeared while I was reading it. Hit the next button and it was gone. Hadn't gotten to the juicy posts yet apparently. It seemed to be just another animated debate.

It got pretty nasty on all sides and was going down fast. I'm pretty surprised at some the heated comments I was reading as it got pulled. I think it really was best to close it. Hiding it let's people who got caught up in the moment save some face, as some of the responses were a bit overly emotional (on a lot of sides). :)

You're absolutly correct.

It appears that one of the parties has their profile listed as N/A. Maybe because they were the complainent.

It was clear there was some historical bad blood between parties.

That said given the thread How the site is moderated Posted only a few days before, I could see that a staff member pretty much ignored some of those points.

I'm not going to criticise the Mods, however when they take on the roles and put on the Blue badge, they have to remember (IMO) that they must set an example, and be in fact "Role models"

How can they criticise others if they themselves don't conform to the standards.

Had the person walked away from the conversation (or taken it off line as per thier other thread), it would have died and they would have kept the moral high ground. In this case they (or one) didn't and let the side down and set a real bad example.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom