Where in Bali - New Strap for Hollis DG03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My next dive vacation is coming soon and my Hollis DG03 strap is broken.
Is there such a thing as a universal strap that can be used as replacement?

Whats the best place in Bali for DC repairs that might have lots of spares for diverse brands? I know the dive gear shops on google but I think a service center is what I am looking at.

Thanks
Rahul

Edit: hmm or is a bungee mount a better emergency option?

Bali is no Singapore or Hong Kong on anything diving equipment, much less dive computer servicing, and your options are hit and miss. Shearwater is IMHO the only brand with exemplary customer service in the SE Asia region, with (tested) unparalleled customer service responsiveness, including weekends.

Don't send your dive computer out of Indonesia for repairs by courier, getting it back with the notoriously.... shall we say inefficient? Indonesian customs would be a challenge.

I'd play safe and go bungee

If the pins that hold the strap are still in place, you can rig up a bungee mount by running cord around the pins. If the pins, or the tabs that hold the pins are broken, you can punch holes in the boot and run the bungee through that (I did this for my wife's Oceanic puck before she decided to keep it in a console).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom