Where in Asia should I go diving in May 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skirnir314

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Scubaboard,

Here's the challenge: help me (AOW, ~120 dives) and my girlfriend (OW, ~50 dives) pick where to go diving in Asia in May 2020. :)

We're from the US, but live in Singapore, and have already done: Sipadan, Komodo, Similans, Bali (only a little), and Northern Great Barrier Reef.

Personally, I would love to do something more toward the exciting/interesting/unusual end of the spectrum. But, I love the natural world and do mostly go diving to experience marine life.

Maybe some drift diving? Shark diving? Or, is there a cool natural phenomenon taking place that time of year? Or, somewhere to see cool wrecks*?

- Mike

* I've been thinking about Chuuk Lagoon, but I'm wondering if it's something you really need to be a tech diver and plan to do deco dives to get the most out of.

How about taiwan? Off the beaten path but very good diving, and also a lot to see and do out of the water. Also cheap! Paging @Centrals

also there is nice diving in japan, but much more expensive than elsewhere in Asia.

Maldives lob, perhaps southern itinerary.

Or Fuvahmulah

A bit less intense but very beautiful, Bangka

Looking for the hammerheads in Alor?
Searching for an array of shark species (incl tigers if you're lucky) on a Tubbataha liveaboard?
Wanna try a really impressive wreck? Try the SS Coolidge in Vanuatu (the countryside is even better with a 7/24 spitting volcano, May is also time for the pentecost Gaul land divers), it's not Asia anymore but South Pacific.

Maldives lob, perhaps southern itinerary.

Or Fuvahmulah

A bit less intense but very beautiful, Bangka

Forgot to say, Fuvahmulah for the tiger sharks

I think that diving in Saipan would be worth your while. You can see tanks and airplanes in the water, along with other WWII era wrecks. The Grotto is one of the most beautiful dives I've ever experienced, hands down.

I dove with Fishguyz Scuba and Charter, and recommend them highly. Also met the guys from Axe Murderer Tours. We didn't book through them, but dove with some from their group, and they were super nice as well.

Fishguyz - Home
Axe Murderer - https://www.axemurderertours.com

Second Maldives.

We’re here right now and having a blast!

Mantas, sharks, whale sharks and lots of fish life. Current can be strong, but most dive sites can also cater for more inexperienced divers, by staying out of the current.

Second Maldives.

We’re here right now and having a blast!

Mantas, sharks, whale sharks and lots of fish life. Current can be strong, but most dive sites can also cater for more inexperienced divers, by staying out of the current.

I also dived in the Maldives, and had great experiences drift diving with Maldives Passions on the island of Maafushi. They were fun, well equipped, and their prices were great. I recommend them highly as well.
Maldives Passions - HOME - Maldives Passions scuba diving school in Maafushi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom