Where else from the Midwest with a twist again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I can't believe it has been 11 years since I wrote this...

"Like a lot of other threads I am looking for destination advice. However this one has a bit of a twist.

Like all the rest I and my SI want a great dive destination with clear, warm water great marine life and a moderate cost. We would like to dive most if not every morning, stay between five days and a week, and have a few topside options. We are non-drinkers so All-Inclusive is not a big issue. So far your typical question. Right?

Here was the twist.....

I would like a place that I could sunbathe or snorkel sans shirt in the afternoons without any objections from either the locals or fellow vacationers. Fully nude beaches are not required since I am unlikely to exercise that option in any case."

I was privileged to find a couple of places and even celebrate my 100th dive topless near Akumal, MX. My 200th dive is coming soon anybody have any suggestions for a great place to re-live the above request Post-Covid? Preferably within 6 hour flight from Atlanta?

Belle

Based on my last trip, Bonaire is pretty casual and easy going with people who are "sans shirt". Also lots of secluded beaches where a person can exercise their freedom. And just because you posted in the Midwest forum, I’ll also mention things are pretty casual here in northwest Arkansas and Beaver lake has lots of snorkeling and diving and many miles of coastline for plenty of privacy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom