Where does your money come from?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vtxkev

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So I have been doing some thinking and figured where better to ask this question the right here. I have been around this board for a while now and now some of you have answers for me :D

Where does your team get their money? It's as simple as that. This is coming from a volunteer on a water rescue team who is non profit and doesnt see a dime from the local or federal government. We have our share of coin tosses, christmas tree sales, donations, but it never seems to be enough. We are always looking for new ways to increase our very small budget. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I would also be willing to speak privately with anyone who has ideas or wants to know more about us.

Thanks

I work for a state LE agency and we struggle for limited funds but I have to say I have what i need to do my jog. FFM, U/W comm, compressors, tanks you name it, I got it. You just need to use it and get a little ink and publicize your successes. Keep stats.
I find that underwater criminal investigations are where it is at. I can always come up with a bunch of stolen stuff and a trunk full of murder weapons. Hard to argue with that. Body recovery is a plus but evidence recovery pays the bills.

In a pinch and you need quick buck?
Whenever the Little Rascals needed some money they would just put on a play.

We get a fairly good supply of funds from the department but for those extras we have a big pancake feed every year and Sunday is it. We are saving for the ROV we need and it's getting closer.

Gary D.

My team is very fortunate to have a seperate budget unit allocated to us. We are able to purchase "extras" through grants and financial aid programs our Marine Unit is involved in. We participate in "safety fairs" and provide static displays. Money can be made by selling t-shirts and other items at these functions to help fund a team.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom