Where do we go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aneseasha

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My husband and I are frequent visitors to Bonaire. We have also done some diving in Belize and Curaçao, but we love the diversity of ocean life, the protected reefs, and the shore diving in Bonaire, so it has been our go to diving destination for the past 10 years. We had to cancel last year because of Covid and we were excited to go back this September until I couldn’t find any reasonable flights and ultimately had to cancel a few days ago. We are bummed, but kind of excited to try somewhere different. We know we won’t find anywhere with shore diving like Bonaire, but we are hoping for diverse and protected reefs. We were hoping to try Little Cayman or Cayman Brac, but they are both still closed to international visitors. We are considering Roatan, either Coco View or Anthony’s Key, but I’m not sure about the diversity and I don’t think the reefs are protected, so it’s hard to be excited about either of those. I have spent a ton of time looking but haven’t found the right place for us, so I am hoping to find great advice here. Please help us. We are traveling Sept 18-25th. Where should we go?

i would have first suggested curacao but you have been there. second would have been cayman. so much for that idea. at least for now.

roatan might be the best avail option. or shop has run trips to fantasy island resort in march for a while now. i have never been but have been told the diving is good. there seems to be a lot of divers who suggest coco as a good resort.it is right across from fantasy island.

i have been told the diving around utila is much better than roatan but again, i have never been. i also am not sure they would have the same shore diving options a roatan.

You could stay out at the Atolls in Belize.

Back
Top Bottom