Where can you get scubapro repair parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro G & S series are some of the easiest regs to rebuild.

cnctina:
My auto technician is my best friend, he sells me parts for cost, I do the work myself, I get service manuals from Ford, I never took a DEMA training seminar to fix it, My car has killed less people than Senetor Kennedy's car and I bet he pays a licensed mechanic to fix his car.

Your car is also not a live support device either... Congratulations on your exceptional abilities... You certainly exceed the norm...

IIRC, ScubaPro does not certify at DEMA. They only have demo lectures where you work hands on with the gear. Training is done by a rep who comes to your store or you travel to a specific location for the training. Therefore, DEMA would be a waste of one's money if they want the certification from SP.

triton94949:
You are precisely right, that it depends on the reg. And with ScubaPro it is definitely not cheap nor easy. With ScubaPro, the tools are proprietary and expensive. And you left out the training costs and a the trip to DEMA.

training is a big thing... especially when you are dealing with nitrox. you will probably find no one (legitimate)will sell you the kits without a cert6 of some sort. i did the o2 tech course from nauii 250.00 or more for the course, but i can buy anything with the cert number. some kits on line are old and not up to standards. if you are going to rebuild you may have to clean parts also. ultrasonic cleaner 300.00. uv lights for hydrocarbon detection. with out the course i would take my reg apart only if i did not have a spare. i carry one all the time. as you probably know already a well tuned regulator can make a tank of air last forever. i may only get 30-50 dives a year on mine so a 70.00 bill is nothing when you cost average it over 2-3 years. especially when parks cost 20-25 to get in, not to mention travel and air fees.

Is it me, or are there some scuba techs taking the OP's posting personally? I'm surprised at the attacks, veiled and otherwise.

Let those of you who have NEVER experienced sticker shock at a repair bill continue to post.

I, too, agree that the OP, having paid more than what he was comfortable with, is simply looking to offset some cost by DIY.

There will ALWAYS be DIY people, and ALWAYS be 'I'd rather pay someone'. In general, logical arguments will not dissuade the DIY because it really comes down to what one will afford. When one hasn't the funds, DIY is certainly a great way to go! However, as one proceeds in life, until you have more money than time, paying someone else gets easier and easier.

So please, lay off the guys that simply make that choice. It's personal.

(Yep, I pay someone else)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom