Where can one find The Wheel on the net?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My LDS doesn't carry The Wheel. Is there a place you can order it on the net?

:wink:

I would be surprised if LeisurePro doesn't carry it...they have just about everything...

www.leisurepro.com

Fast service since you are in VA too (they are pretty close in NY).

So, after 2 weeks of computer debate you are going with the wheel? I suppose you could bungee it to your arm :D

--Eric

P.S. Found it (I think)...here's the link... PADI Wheel at LP - $35

If your LDS can't order it for you, you might want to look on eBay -I've seen them there before.

Sue

Originally posted by O-ring
I would be surprised if LeisurePro doesn't carry it...they have just about everything...

www.leisurepro.com

Fast service since you are in VA too (they are pretty close in NY).

So, after 2 weeks of computer debate you are going with the wheel? I suppose you could bungee it to your arm :D

--Eric

P.S. Found it (I think)...here's the link... PADI Wheel at LP - $35

He He! Just backup. Everyone says you shouldn't just blindly follow your computer. I have decided to either go with an Aeris 500AI or the Oceanic Versa Pro. I just like a more visual representation. I am a bit concerned about the reported software gliches for the Versa Pro, but it does most of the things I want it to. OTOH, it might be nice to have air integration, as in the 500 AI, but that does not have as much dive download memory as the Versa Pro. Hmmm -- decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the link!

:D

about the blindly following computer thing...I am sure you will end up with a unit you will really like since you didn't just run out and buy something you knew nothing about. If I only researched every purchase I made as carefully I wouldn't own so much useless junk...

BTW, we are (myself and a couple other divers from VA and NC) heading to Lake Rawlings this Saturday (9am until they kick us out) to get some practice dives in...you are more than welcome to join us and we can try to bend my Vyper... :D

Only about 30 mins south of you if I remember correctly...

--Eric

BTW, we are (myself and a couple other divers from VA and NC) heading to Lake Rawlings this Saturday (9am until they kick us out) to get some practice dives in...you are more than welcome to join us and we can try to bend my Vyper... :D

Only about 30 mins south of you if I remember correctly...

--Eric

This weekend will be a bit hectic. My daughter and her new husband will be coming back from their honeymoon and heading out a day later for Notre Dame to do a summer course in immersion German. They will stay on in the Fall as they are both completing the second year of their masters degrees.

Then also, we will be getting ready to head down to Cozumel for a week early on Wed (2:30 AM).

But may want to go down to Rawlings later in the summer. What's the water temp there anyway?

ET

Let me know, I would be glad to meet you down there...

Water temp is a wonderful 70-80 degrees or so...just don't go past the thermocline...:D then you are looking at 50-55.

--Eric

Let me know, I would be glad to meet you down there...

Water temp is a wonderful 70-80 degrees or so...just don't go past the thermocline...:D then you are looking at 50-55.

--Eric

I don't own anything thicker than a .5mm compressed neoprene diveskin. Not sure if that would be sufficient?

:eek:

Originally posted by DivingDoc
My LDS doesn't carry The Wheel. Is there a place you can order it on the net?

:wink:

I'm sure you could get one from padi.com but why on earth do you want one of those turds?

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter

I'm sure you could get one from padi.com but why on earth do you want one of those turds?

Tom

It looks to me like it can plan multilevel dives whereas the RDP table format cannot. I need something to use to crosscheck my computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom