Where can I get a wide angle lens for my DC500?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Underwater Ogre

Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I lost my wide angle lens the other night...need to replace it. Anyone have any ideas. I checked around but it seems no one has one. I would even take a used one.

Any help appreciated,
U/O

I'd call the mfgr, Pioneer Research, in New Jersey. I don't have their number handy, but I'm sure it's easy to find. I know that they stocked some parts for the DC500 when I had problems with mine. Plus I believe that the DC500 WA lens fit later models. the DC600 for sure, so you should be able to find a used one.

The Sealife rep. on this board will probably pick up on this thread.

Well considering I will have to pay in US bucks and I make Canadian pesos....$60US

Good luck with that. I'm thinking Ebay or Craigslist may be your best bet. If you manage to find a source around that price and there are more available, I would like to know about it. I've lost and found mine twice and am thinking an extra might be a good idea, not that I'll lose it a third time....

sealife wide angle, Sporting Goods items on eBay.com

Yeah I know its a stretch but I am a tight wad. I'll let you know how it goes.

U/O

Thanks for the link...but I am not ready to pay $99US for one. I have found some on Ebay also but a hundred bucks seems a bit steep. I might think about upgrading the whole kit.

$99 bucks?

did the price on these things go up or something?

I only paid about $65 or $70 bucks for mine, brand spankin new.

So I'm curious; How did you guys manage to lose your lenses? Is there a problem w/ the lanyard? (I just want to make sure that I don't lose mine.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom