Where Can I get a Bang Stick for a shark dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcoyote

Registered
Reaction score
I know to some people shark diving is crazy, well it is to me also. I need a bang stick for a firend of mine that is going on a dive and one of the items he has to have is a one.
If you could please either email me or post here would be great.
Thanks

Wcoyote

scuba@wcoyote.net

Please elaborate. From your post it does not sound like you need a bang stick - and frankly, it doesn't sound like I'd want to steer you to a place to get one. Please clarify.
Thank you.
Rick

I am looking for a bang stick for a friend that can be used for an aligator hunt. He told me that it is the same thing that is used by divers during shark dives.

From all of the scuba stores around here the only thing they have is a power head that will screw on to the head of a spear shaft.

If anyone knows where a stand alone bang stick can be pruchased either in person in North Florida or online please let me know.
Thanks
Wcoyote

How big a power head do you want? If you're going after gators you'd be better off with a power gig (12 gauge, long pole) than a bang stick. Your friend intend to dive to get these gators? Or get 'em from a boat?
Is his nickname "Stumpy" yet?
Rick

Bang stick???-killing alligators???.....why did we fight a war to KEEP the south in the Union???-should have let them go-what a hick thing to do. Get a camera and "shoot" them instead-it's even harder. I am so sick and tired of "sprortsman"-just killing everything, especially in the waters and oceans. If you want a real hunting experience take a Bowie knife and hop in the water with the gator-mano a mano-then we'll see who the real man is....I bet you loose.

Buff - Thanks for trying to help out with your response. Only problem is that it didnot help me find it. Just so you know, the places where Florida allows Gator hunting is where they are very overpopulated, and you are only allowed 2 per YEAR. Thanks for the rant.

Rick - He has his florida gator hunting permit. And he will be hunting from a boat. He is not against getting a power gig (12 gauge or .44mag) However he is concerned about being able to keep a good grip on the long pole.
Any input would be great.
Thanks
Wcoyote

I know the line well...."I am "helping out" the wildlife population by thinning them out". "Too many gators" try too many people....
What is it about killing something that some people just love to do?? I never understood the "sportsman" idea of looking at something in awe one minute and the next minute you want to rip its head off and put it on your mantle. I hope you don't find a bang stick-and I hope my annoying posts delay you from your bloody, neanderthal "sport".
Better yet, why don't you campaign for family planning to limit the overpopulation of people who place pressure on land and resources, or help lobby for the protection of wetlands.....No?? more fun to just kill,kill,kill.

That is the best argument you can come up with to support your "sport"?? "Yeah, thanks"-what are 10 years old??

Buff, Keep trying, Why should I evey try to argue with you? You are not in any way open minded... so with that said. I will not respond to anything else you have to say, unless it is on topic.
Thanks
Wcoyote

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom