Where can I find this HP hose?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapr1705

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Someone gave me a Suunto SM-26 pressure gauge but the hose is leaking air everywhere.

Can someone tell me where I can get the same hose with the correct connector/thread?

See pictures:

20210119_204218.jpg
20210119_204224.jpg
20210119_204247.jpg

the hose looks like a standard hose....you need a rebuild kit (orings) for the adapter (the piece you have removed in the last photo) although if you figure out what the orings are you can buy 100 of each for what the kit will cost. Also, the spool pulls out of the hose, another oriing there

The SM-26 is just a simple plastic pressure gauge,

When you took the hose off, you are supposed to put a wrench on the flats of that adaptor piece, that part is designed to stay connected to the SPG and not be removed. It's not the end of the world that you took it off, but it was most likely unnecessary. The orings on that piece are static, meaning they don't rotate during normal use, and I would try to reassemble carefully and not worry about replacing them unless they are leaking. Be careful not to overtighten and crack your plastic SPG when screwing it in.

The SPG uses 003 orings and those are an annual service item, put some oxygen friendly lube on the new ones. It's a standard hose, you can use any HP pressure hose, it's a standard piece. These orings are cheap and good to have around, along with tank valve orings and the -010 orings.

The SM-26 is just a simple plastic pressure gauge,

When you took the hose off, you are supposed to put a wrench on the flats of that adaptor piece, that part is designed to stay connected to the SPG and not be removed. It's not the end of the world that you took it off, but it was most likely unnecessary. The orings on that piece are static, meaning they don't rotate during normal use, and I would try to reassemble carefully and not worry about replacing them unless they are leaking. Be careful not to overtighten and crack your plastic SPG when screwing it in.

The SPG uses 003 orings and those are an annual service item, put some oxygen friendly lube on the new ones. It's a standard hose, you can use any HP pressure hose, it's a standard piece. These orings are cheap and good to have around, along with tank valve orings and the -010 orings.
Thanks. Really appreciate the detailed explanation. Will proceed as recomended.

If you continue with the same blundering with some second stages you will bend break damage crack them irretrievably

the hose is leaking air everywhere.

That's a built in feature to indicate you should get a new hose. Its supposed to do that.

That's a built in feature to indicate you should get a new hose. Its supposed to do that.

OK, but not exactly...it is a safety feature to prevent a blowout. Hoses should be replaced as periodic preventative maintenance. Hoses in general have an inventory life-span of approximately 5-years. Whether one replaces them at that interval or not is a personal decision. But yes, some divers wait until rubber covered HP hoses start to stream bubbles through the pin holes in the cover as an indicator that it needs to be replaced...one might argue that it is past-due at that point.

-Z

I was suggesting that it is futile to try and repair an old hose that is telling you it is sick and expiring.

I'm still diving a 12 year old LP 7' foot hose with the same knot on the bolt snap. (Fresh water only).

Reactions: Zef
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom