Where can I find a red UW filter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skyguy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've been trying to get ahold of a plastic cyan filter for my pt-015 from URPRO FILTERS, but they haven't returned my calls or email. It's getting close to departure time and I need to find one. Does anyone have a recommendation where else I can find a 67mm red filter? Thank-you, Wayne.

no help with the filter, but can you set your white balance whilst underwater? take down a clean white dive slate and use that. ok, it means a bit of fiddling about, but if you don't get a filter in time.....

I would suggest a glass external filter vs plastic. If you scratch the plastic, the scratch will reflect light resulting in a streak across the pic. Most plastic filters have a color coating on both sides with clear plastic center (like a sandwich). Glass filters should be colored all the way thru, so a scratch (which is a lot harder to get) wont show.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom