Where are the sharks in Europe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Giap

Registered
Reaction score
According to fish books there are a lot of sharks species in north atlantic and the med , but encounters seem to be pretty rare..(except the occasionnal dogfish here and there)
If you encountered sharks anywhere in European / English/Irish waters ,please post here !

I just watched a special on sharks in the med on the discovery channel {shark week}, there seem to be several great whites in the Med and all the usual toothy critters that are else where, just less of them.

I know in Australia, near the beach, a man was eaten by a shark.. well, his legs at least up to his belly or stomach. it was really disgusting and it was sooo near the beach!!

ddimples:
I know in Australia, near the beach, a man was eaten by a shark.. well, his legs at least up to his belly or stomach. it was really disgusting and it was sooo near the beach!!

Oh please.. Lord.. hold me back...

ddimples:

It was disgusting, was it? So you were there?
Oh and this is related to sharks in Europe how?

ddimples:

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Giap:
According to fish books there are a lot of sharks species in north atlantic and the med , but encounters seem to be pretty rare..(except the occasionnal dogfish here and there)
If you encountered sharks anywhere in European / English/Irish waters ,please post here !

Well, if any exist in the Adriatic, they rarely visit the shoreline. We usually get 5-10 sightings/near sightings per year, but maybe 1 or 2 really confirmed. These usually follow the ships eating leftovers...

Fishermen spot (or fish-out) blue sharks quite often far from the coast in south france / and spain "costa brava" but nobody as far as i know spotted them underwater.
What about the blue sharks in Cornwall ? Have they actually been spotted underwater by scubadivers/spearfishers once in a while ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom