When it rains it pours, freezes and falls like rocks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Place an entire page of every cuss word you can think of in this space.

Another team member just quit. Not just the team but the department. That’s at least three this year from the team. One has injuries that just won’t let her dive anymore, one very strong diver burned out and now one good strong one resigned from the department.

Now the problem. He wants to stay as a reserve to keep his LEO certification and at the same time stay on the team. He won’t take up one of our 10 paid positions so he would be a super asset. BUT our policy specifically says FULL-TIME employee of an emergency service with a take home vehicle. He won’t have or be either so add another page of cuss words here.

I don’t want to lose him but if we allow him to stay we open the floodgates. I want another Reserve Deputy, who is a full-time civilian employee (Animal Control) to get on the team but the department is holding to the policy.

As I’m typing this, a thought just hit me. For you legal minds out there, could we change the policy to say something like, a full-time employee that was on the team at the time of their resignation or retirement may remain on the team at the desecration of the Sheriff. That might be a way around it. Hummmmm, it might even make it easier for me when I retire.

In the mean time add another page of cuss words.

Gary D.

Still cussing.

That leave us with 5 strong divers, two FNG's and two from the outside.

We are just going to have to pray that we don't get two things happen at once.

This Tuesday and Wednesday are training days so we need to figure something out.

Gary D.

Sorry to hear about that Gary! what the reason for leaving, just tired of the whole game or what?

Amend the policy to allow for non-full time former members if current active membership drops below 8, in order to be able to safely respond to two concurrent incidents.

Policies can be changed in order to protect public safety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom