Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marriard

Contributor
Reaction score
Not the best of my images of whales breaching from South Africa, but special because it was the first one....

2006-06-18-20-22-42-1.jpg

There is NOTHING like seeing a 50 ton, 45 foot long whale hurl itself out of the water only a few metres away....

I'll post more later....

Enjoy,
M

Great photo. I watched a Jean-Michel Cousteau special on whales yesterday that was very interesting. They are so awesome.

Jamdiver:
WOW!! :11::11:

Now that's a shot and I can't even imagine what it was like seeing this with your own eyes.
wet i would imagine....

Mike Veitch:
wet i would imagine....

Actually we spent a great deal of time saying things like 'not there, not there' when they came too close to the boat. A full breach anything less than 30' away stood a good chance of capsizing the boat. These images were taken with a 70-200mm VR lens so ideally we wanted out breaches over 90' away....

We got quite a few spyhops right next to the boat and quite a few times we managed to get covered in 'whale snot' - i.e. the whale basically spouted right upwind from us. That was nasty.

M

holy crow - that must have been amazing to see

very cool...

love whales....what type is it? very pointed face

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom