What’s your favorite pair of fins and why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinoD'Voe:
Would anyone care to comment on fins they DON'T recommend? (the so called crappy fins)

Yeah, I will. A friend of mine who is an instructor recommended the Sherwood Trek split fins when I was getting certified (he is also a Sherwood sales rep) so I figured he knows and I got them. I have never liked those fins since day one. I know everyone is different so someone out there might own a pair and love them, but I cussed them everytime I dived with them on. Also, the so called quick release never quick released. Was diving in Key Largo and the release popped open and I lost a fin while diving. When I returned home I bought a pair of Jets. I love my Jetfins and can't imagine owning anything else anytime soon.

Jet fins for me. Very manuervable, and controlable. Not the fastest but after four knee operations there the only ones that don't beat me up. Also have a pair of Turtles, same basic fin but bigger for the Dry Suit Boots. Dove US Divers but gave them to my son after I tried the Jets.

Jet fins for Terry and I - he is using his 1st pair from 1970. Mine are a little newer, 1999.

Becky

I did update the straps. At the end of my 1st dive trip I thought I was going to have to sacrifice my Jets to the Gods of the Deep - didn't like the slip on straps. But now everything is wonderful.

Just got a pair of aqua lung "nature's wing" propeller fins.
Jet/Rocket fins just met their match! These things are rad!
Same thrust as "jets"...with half the effort!
And half the price.

padrediver:
Just got a pair of aqua lung "nature's wing" propeller fins.
Jet/Rocket fins just met their match!

have you tried doing backward kicks and helo turns with the propeller fins? i'd
be interested to know what you think.

also, would love if you could post how you feel doing the frog kick and the modified
frog kick with the propeller fins.

thanks for the info in advance!

Now this is just me...but I've found that "easy does it" is the rule
with these baby's on those types of kicks. If you kick like jet's or
"duck feet" you'll be all over the place (or nowhere).

Rastaman:
Couple of years back I broke a Force Fin strap in Nassau and continued to dive for a week without one. Not having a fin strap made it easer to get the fin on or off. A diver on one of the dive trips thought it was cool and took off his straps. The newbee's fins are at the bottom of a 1500 ft trench.
I quite often get back to the ladder to find both my straps are loose and not doing anything.

I've got pro's fine with single tanks, but i dont get enough thrust do dive twins with them and had to become part of the collective and by some Jets. Would love to find out if Tan deltas would work, but it would be an expensive test if they didnt

Rastaman:
I come from the "dark side".
TOO D*m Much Luke Sky Walker. Where you from anyway?? Of course I use Tan Delta's. The only way to fly.

SP Jet fins with spring straps. I never got the tension juuusssst right until I changed to the springs.

STSC-1209:
TOO D*m Much Luke Sky Walker. Where you from anyway?? Of course I use Tan Delta's. The only way to fly.

I saw a post that said something about being from South Williamsport

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom