What's Wrong With My U.S. Divers Matrix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Syd7890

Registered
Reaction score
Can anyone offer some insight on what might be wrong with my U.S. Divers Matrix dive computer. When I press the button to start it up, it turns on right away and runs the full diagnostics...all icons light-up and does a countdown from 9-1 with all the digits lit-up.

However, instead of the computer staying on at the end of the diagnostic test, it will flash one dot in the middle of the green section of the nitrogen loading bar for about 5 seconds, and then turn off.

Does anyone know what this means?:confused:

It found something wrong with itself, pressure transducer,outside the programming specs, a bad component. its had to say but it dead time for a new dive computer.

Battery maybe? Is it a new dive computer?

The USD Matrix has not been made in more than 10 years. It was made by Pelagic Systems (Oceanic) for USD. You might contact them for possible repair, but probably it will be much more cost effective to buy a new computer.

Keyshunter is correct, US Divers(Aqualung) and Oceanic can not fix it anymore. you should check the battery before you posted or turn it on before you purchased the computer.

I got one of those in some used gear I bought last year. The computer did the exact same thing. LDS said it can't be fixed just junk it so I did.

The regulator was top notch, just a normal annual service and It's my Pony bottle reg now!

Well, I tried changing the batteries, and voila...it now works properly. I'm a little embarrased by posting a problem, that had such a simple solution. I really didn't think that the batteries were all that low and the low battery indicator didn't flash anything, however it had been over 6mths since I last used the computer.

Thanks again for your insight guys.

Mmm, mine seems somewhere in between.

I got the same 'one bar segment' error, but with new batteries it was fine. I turned it on everyday and all was fine for 2 weeks and then the battery icon started flashing (both 1/2's).... and from then on it struggled to get past the initialise screen. Didnt get down to the 1/2 battery segment.

Luckily 2032 batts are cheap. Ill keep testing until I can stomach a new computer. 20 years of faithful service.

Back
Top Bottom