What’s with this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have to say that I am sorry I am signed up for a trip at the end of next month. With all of this testing rigamarole, and the impending pilot shortage based on the vax mandate set to take effect thereabouts, I am afraid this will be a cluster of the highest order. I hope I am wrong. The last salty diving I did was just at the beginning of the pandemic while we were in Bonaire. It seems like a hundred years ago.

I have to say that I am sorry I am signed up for a trip at the end of next month. With all of this testing rigamarole, and the impending pilot shortage based on the vax mandate set to take effect thereabouts, I am afraid this will be a cluster of the highest order. I hope I am wrong. The last salty diving I did was just at the beginning of the pandemic while we were in Bonaire. It seems like a hundred years ago.
Hate to say you are correct BUT the island and the diving will make up for the rigamarole to get there. We were turned away at the Delta gate in PHL 10/2, PCR from 9/30 hadnt come back, we had quick antigen (negative), planned on using the ATL quick test facility to get the PCR as we had a 3+ hr layover. Nope, couldn't leave PHL. I was crying at the gate. We went home Saturday, pivoted, booked Monday American flight to Miami then Miami to Curacao, then Divi Divi to Bonaire. Spent Saturday making the arrangements, Sunday off to PHL airport where they have a testing center ($250 per person), redoing all the Bonaire paperwork, complete the Curacao paperwork, printing it all off, reviewing, scanning, organizing. Will tell you at every leg in the journey I was holding my breathe that someone would tell us 'you don't have the correct paperwork' but we made it fine. Divi Divi got all our bags on the same flight and moved us up 2 hrs. We lost 2 days but could have been worse. We go for 2 weeks, so 2 days little more palatable. Heard about a 1 week group, 20 people, 15 got stuck in Miami on Saturday and ended up arriving Wednesday. That would have made me mad. ....now off to dispute the 9/30 PCR test charges > results STILL not back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom