Suggestion What's with searching?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Aussie Diver

Aussie Diver

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I know I can't be the only one with this problem... why is it that the search option for the forums is so dodgey??? Does anyone at SB headquaters plan on fixing this? No one likes the same topic coming up a number of times, but when we can't succesfully search the archives for old posts, there's not much of an option.

Ryan.

What's dodgey about the searching? The system uses a standard fulltext boolean search, no different from any other forum in the world. The only sites with better searching for dynamic content that I am aware of are companies who invest literally hundreds of thousands in intelligent search solutions.

If there's a specific issue I'm sure it will get looked into but I'm not aware of any huge short comings in the system.

You can use the alternative. Go to Google.com and enter the criteria in the searchline. Append “site:scubaboard.com”. That way, you’ll only get results located in the ScubaBoard.com domain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom