Whats this scubapro regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TylerH

New
Reaction score
Hello can someone identify this first and second stage model. Also is there service kits/parts for it still.
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG
IMG_0185.JPG

Also can i get a new case for this old octopus?

IMG_0186.JPG
IMG_0188.JPG

Mk5, newer version, with a 109. Not pretty but should be serviceable and good performers. Come back if some body tells you they can not be serviced.

As to rebuild, Vintage Double Hose has all the stuff needed.

The 109 can be maintained as a non-balanced second, and performs quite well (BTW - the MK-5 first is balanced). The 109 can also be upgraded to balanced second (called a 156) by replacing the "guts" with what is now the G250 internals.

Truth be told, keep it as a 109, and enjoy the heck out of it. May of us love these regulators.

It appears the USD second has a crack in the case....

edit - [didn't see your inquiry as to replacing the body]

the big auction site? then again, you just might get another problem one...

I'd likely just get another 109. They can be obtained inexpensively, and then you standardize your parts

Thank you Bob
I carry all the parts and service manuals to get your MK5/109 back in the water. I can also service it for you if you like. Need to know what 2nd stage poppet is in it and then you can decide to keep it as a 109 with a Duro poppet or a 156 with the balanced adjustable update. It would also be prudent to check the turret nut and be sure it has been updated to the stainless steel version. Fantastic regulator all the way around.
The USD 2nd stage is good for parts unless you can find another body for it. Those 2nd stages were/are real workhorses and are very reliable and easy to service and maintain. Unfortunately someone tried to take off the hose without a second wrench holding the body nut hence the crack.

Let me know how you get on, I can get them for around $20-25 but of course shipping would likely be around $15-20 so trying to pick up another 109 would likely be a similar cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom