What's the weirdest/most unexpected thing in your dive bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travelingfenley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I often dive with these crazy older divers, and my mind is blown how they're still alive. They're always interesting though, and I've learned a trick or two that I wouldn't have thought of in a classroom. Like keeping zip ties in my dive bag, or vinegar and alcohol if you're worried about bacteria in your ears.

So I'm curious what other oddities have found their way into your dive bag?

Popoids. My fiance uses them to mark interesting finds so she can show me after she photographs them. She attaches a one pound weight and float to the toys.
7ff1c8569c12f8140fe139ebf2ce4b8f.jpg

My folding cane. It goes in my thigh pocket and comes out on the slippery boat launch at Pt. Lobos or if I end up on my knees in the sand.

View attachment 366765 View attachment 366766

Can it take the weight of full gear and your body weight when you try to stand up? because of the nature of the shore diving I do in Libya, I often end up on my knees at the exit point in sand and it is a struggle to stand up with all of the weight on my back and the soft sand. If this works, I think that it will be great tool.

Also, is it something you can buy from the market easily or is it something you made for yourself?

Can it take the weight of full gear and your body weight when you try to stand up? because of the nature of the shore diving I do in Libya, I often end up on my knees at the exit point in sand and it is a struggle to stand up with all of the weight on my back and the soft sand. If this works, I think that it will be great tool.

Also, is it something you can buy from the market easily or is it something you made for yourself?

For entry/exit over slippery rocks I get a broken golf umbrella (there's usually some sticking out of bins after a storm) and strip off the umbrella bits just leaving a pointy stick with a handle. I jam it into the shore at my entry point and recover it on exit. If someone steals it whilst I'm underwater than it's no great loss.

Back
Top Bottom