What's the most you have butt-mounted comfortably?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kr2y5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I apologize upfront for this silliness, but now I'm actually curious, how much junk people have managed to butt-mount and still feel comfortable and efficient during the dive. Maybe it's not as much of a problem as I imagine to have a whole bunch of things dangling in there.

depends on how efficiently you mount it. I assume this is sidemount.

canister is under the crotch strap, have all of my spools/reels back there *typically 4-6* and my clip with cookies/arrows. No issues with any of that back there. The primary reels get a little awkward but that's only because they are big and heavy. Everything else is small enough that it isn't a problem.

Stages can also get butt mounted after they're empty, extra scooter will go back there *though that's on the front crotch d-ring, but it ends up back there*, not a whole lot else to put back there. The Razor guys will put their purse back there, but I prefer a thigh pocket for things like extra double enders, wet notes etc

I apologize upfront for this silliness, but now I'm actually curious, how much junk people have managed to butt-mount and still feel comfortable and efficient during the dive. Maybe it's not as much of a problem as I imagine to have a whole bunch of things dangling in there.

This is too funny of a question, but the dangling things are likely irrelivant.

4 stages in SM, 2x40's 2x80's

I run backmount and I have 2 liftbags and a drift kit in an OMS mount that hangs behind me. When I have a large number of deco/stage bottles I will clip the necks of the empties off behind me on my hip D-Rings.

Two stage bottles and two XK1 scooters on the rear while diving a CCR with two side-mounted bailout bottles and another stage and riding a third XK1. I probably could have carried a little bit more but didn't need to.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom