What's going on??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buccaneer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I was curious why I have recently seen two very active political threads I was participating in, suddenly dissapear as if they never existed. Is this being performed by site administrators? Or is the original thread starter able to do away with it? I realize as administrators you would have the ultimate say in content on the site; but in such a public forum, I find this type of censorship to be disheartening, and decidedly unAmerican. Why not leave the thread up, but simply close it to new posts? Or remove an offensive post only, if that is the problem? I am not trying to wave the "free speech flag" but I feel strongly, that we are all intelligent and capable beings, who can make choices on our own about what we choost to read, ignore, respond to, or debate. I dislike the idea that one person (or small majority) can dictate what is good for me or anyone else who chooses to participate.
Respectfully submitted,

Buccaneer

Years ago ScubaBoard made the decision to limit political debates when they get out of hand. While NDR topics are welcome this is a SCUBA forum first and not a place for fighting and insults... sadly political threads often end this way. If a post can be cleaned up it is but generally political threads spiral downwards quickly and have almost no salvagable posts. This policy is not unamerican, it is an attempt to keep to Scuba Board's mission statement and keep the board going in a positive direction, this isn't the place for hot debates about NDR issues, this is the place for SCUBA.

Thanks for the fast reply. :)

Not a problem. Policy is something made but always open to feedback -- this may be a private board but what you say will always have an important place in what we do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom