Whatever happened to the Bottom Scratcher and Sand Dollar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was reminded of “the olden days” by another post - my wife and I used to do the 2 and 3 (and once I think 4?) day trips as visitors from Phoenix to San Diego, in the early 80s - probably 78-82 or so.

All those trips were done through a single shop in Phoenix, and the only two boats we ever saw were the Bottom Scratcher and Sand Dollar.

Whatever happened to those boats? Are they gone, moved on, renamed or ??

Bottom Scatcher is alive and well and runs out of 22nd Street Landing in San Pedro under the captaincy of Kevin Bell. They did Chamber Day with us this year on May 1.

Sand Dollar was running out of Ports 'O Call but haven't heard from them in a while, as in a few years. (Docks at POC were being refurbished so most dive boats got kicked out.)

- Ken

I meant Paul W. he was GM when I certified in 1981. Never met Paul B.My instructor was Greg something.

certified partially on the Scratcher at Los Coronadaos then the last day at the Shores.

SS shut down about 5? years ago. Now it's Home |Phoenix Scuba

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom