What’ your preparation for the upcoming diving season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XTAR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
With the weather brightening, diving season is well on the way. Some of you may start planning trips and envisioning next underwater adventures ahead. Here are some common tips to make sure that everything is ready for you to get into the water. And how about your preparations for the upcoming scuba season?

*Plan a diving trip
Such as choosing the next diving destination, transportation, booking accommodation...

*Fitness preparation
Take steps to prepare yourself physically and mentally for a time when you are able to resume diving.

*Diving equipment inspection
To inspect and assemble diving gears well, and make sure that everything is working properly.

*Skills practice
Refresh and practice skills in a controlled environment before undertaking more adventurous dives...

1. Booking spaces on dives I want to do.
  2. Preparing.
  3. Go diving.
  4. GoTo 2.

Biggest thing I would say is staying in shape is far easier than getting back in shape, which is all the more reason to dive at least once every month out of the year... (And as a side note I admit I've been warmer on a New England December drysuit dive than on a New England Fall wetsuit dive so obviously gear comes into play a bit, but at the end of the day simply diving thru the seasons is the way to go as long as work and family commitmentd allow...).

Biggest thing I would say is staying in shape is far easier than getting back in shape, which is all the more reason to dive at least once every month out of the year... (And as a side note I admit I've been warmer on a New England December drysuit dive than on a New England Fall wetsuit dive so obviously gear comes into play a bit, but at the end of the day simply diving thru the seasons is the way to go as long as work and family commitmentd allow...).

I'm very warm, but I'm in Florida at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom