What you did your first pool session.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3000psi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm interested in responses from divers certified in the last year or so. What did your instructor have you do your first pool session or if it was a weekend/short course your first hour or so. If you would be so kind to include the agency it would help as well.

Also don't forgot to include anytime spent with a swim test if that was required.

Thanks

SDI

Mask clearing
Mask Removal
Reg Recovery

Our class was a 4 night, 1 hour classroom, 1.5 hour pool each night. Swim test was done the second night.

SEI first night in pool with me is 200/300 yd swim, 10/15 min tread/float, 50 ft under water swim,mask and snorkel clear, snorkel swim 200 yds using 4 different kicks, mask snorkel recovery and clear from bottom of pool after 25 ft uw swim(mask and snorkel are placed on the bottom 25 feet from student, student swims under water to them, dons mask, clears it, and then clears snorkel upon surfacing). I do not introduce scuba til second pool session. The 200 yd and 10 minute requirements are just to start training. They must do 300 and 15 to get certification card. So usually just go for the whole thing first night. That usually takes 2 hours including demo of the skills/kicks etc. We do not offer weekend courses. 16 hours in the pool is the recommended amount of confined water training. If less than that is spent we must spend more time during checkout dives on in water skills.

SSI

We did the swim test and swimming w/o mask,fins,snorkel........snorkel,with mask,w/o snorkel,fins,,ect,up to useing fins,snorkel,mask.Just getting used to everything and seeing that we were comfortable mouth breathing,being in the water,ect....first nite of class..

We had just gotten into the kneeling position when a couple of teenagers stepped into the pool right behind the instructor and proceeded to walk right through our little semi-circle.

Instructor pointed at one of the kid's shorts and gave us the tug-tug sign.

Not in the last year or so but from what I can remember I got wet. :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom