What will fit into the Nauticam NA-6400 housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
I doubt I will easily find the answer for this. Aside from the (lack of a) strobe, will a A6600 camera body fit into the NA-6400 housing? A6XXX, is any of the current or just past A6XXX cameras close enough in size and control layout to drop into the NA-6400 housing? More of a curiosity than a need at the moment.

I am seeing a lot of used A6000, A6300 and A6500 cameras on the market as the must have the newest folks flock to the A6400 and A6600. I would not mind having a second body for surface/travel photography and if it would drop into my NA-6400 with decent functionality so much the better.

James

I'm almost 100% sure that A6600 won't fit. It has a much deeper grip housing the NP-FZ100 battery, so you simply won't be able to push it far enough inside. SeaFrogs Salted Line housing accommodates A6100, A6300, A6400 and A6500 without parts swaps, so they might fit into NA-A6400 - depends on how tight Nauticam's tolerances are compared to SeaFrogs. A6000 requires swapping parts to fit into the SeaFrogs housing, so it almost certainly won't fit into Nauticam's housings aside from NA-A6000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom