What type of switch you prefer on dive lights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thread on it is here - I’m still not 100% happy with the design, so I haven’t got around to putting it on Thingiverse, but I’ll share the Fusion360 files if anyone wants.
Appreciate it. I thought about doing something like that but man I just don't have the time. I really suck at designing for 3D stuff, much better at dialing it in and hit print.

I have no idea why XTAR went from rotary to software lock?
Is the D30 4000 considered a rotary switch. I bought one but even after the warnings and video on leaking and being sure to check the o-rings, it leaked on the first and only dive it was used. It was past the return time as I bought it a while before my trip. I liked the look and the options (red/blue/UV/white). I may try them again someday. My older lights are still going.

Is the D40 4000 considered a rotary switch. I bought one but even after the warnings and video on leaking and being sure to check the o-rings, it leaked on the first and only dive it was used. It was past the return time as I bought it a while before my trip. I liked the look and the options (red/blue/UV/white). I may try them again someday. My older lights are still going.
I'm not familiar with that light, but from what I can see online, there is a difference how that switch works compared to on/off switch on D26 which I have

Is the D40 4000 considered a rotary switch. I bought one but even after the warnings and video on leaking and being sure to check the o-rings, it leaked on the first and only dive it was used. It was past the return time as I bought it a while before my trip. I liked the look and the options (red/blue/UV/white). I may try them again someday. My older lights are still going.
Pic? I can't find that anywhere

Back
Top Bottom