What type bottle is this?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SargeEMS

New
Reaction score
IMG-6080.jpg IMG-6081.jpg IMG-6083.jpg IMG-6084.jpg IMG-6095.jpg IMG-6096.jpg IMG-6097.jpg

THANKS

Some folks use it for cave exploration, british style. Ie in small, shallow, muddy holes, where one might have to pass only short sumps. Advantage is that they are easy(er) to carry than full size cylinders.

M25 thread 300 bar 3L? steel faber rebreather cylinder

Except its use is as an air gun cylinder. The atmosheric air pressure gauge is the give away

Some folks use it for cave exploration, british style. Ie in small, shallow, muddy holes, where one might have to pass only short sumps. Advantage is that they are easy(er) to carry than full size cylinders.

Not with that 1/8 BSPP brass thread pressure gauge fitted they dont, unless planning to snap it off I guess.

How much do you think it's worth? Needs hydro-static test

As an air gun charging cylinder with that "surface only" valve fitted you get 5 years use before hydro (UK and EU use) For diving conversion you add a diving DIN valve £30 and another £30 for the hydro. you get same 5 year hydro but have to add additional periodic visual inspections for submerged use. Hence It's worth nothing for diving. As you dont say where you are from and as it is a UK/EU cylinder set for air gun filling I have assumed your in the EU/UK
Scubaboard is an American forum you will get an American centric reply hence the DOT Dept of Transportation advise and my question regarding your location.

I should add if you are in USA and in addition to the earlier advise that the American DOT federal requirement would be required, As the cylinder was built for a European standard with a M25x 2 thread form metric. The typical Amercan thread form is 3/4 NPSM they dont mix and should never be mixed up.

As an air gun charging cylinder with that "surface only" valve fitted you get 5 years use before hydro (UK and EU use) For diving conversion you add a diving DIN valve £30 and another £30 for the hydro. you get same 5 year hydro but have to add additional periodic visual inspections for submerged use. Hence It's worth nothing for diving. As you dont say where you are from and as it is a UK/EU cylinder set for air gun filling I have assumed your in the EU/UK
Scubaboard is an American forum you will get an American centric reply hence the DOT Dept of Transportation advise and my question regarding your location.

Click on username and location will show. OP is in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom