What to hold my octo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are several low cost ($6 range) things that seem to work fine.
Basically a little clip that you can snap over your breast strap, with a couple of inch piece of webbing, then an elastic that slips over the mouthpiece. About the only thing to check is that you don't put the elastic over the cable tie -- you want it to release if pulled on.
Stuff like:
http://scubatoys.com/store/search_r...h&txtsearchParamTxt=octo+holder&Submit=Search

Kaufdropp:
What are the best to hold my octo?

Snorkle-keeper. About $1.

A bungee, then wear it around your neck.

Firefyter:

i'd second that.

be aware that if you do this, you will be passing your primary to the OOA diver, then you go to your backup (the octo) around your neck

since in a panic an OOA diver is probably going to grab your primary anyway, it's a good method to ensure you can quickly and easily locate your backup

Snorkel keeper. I don't think you want an octopus bungeed around your neck.

evad:
Snorkel keeper. I don't think you want an octopus bungeed around your neck.

Depends on the school of thought...

FWIW, before I switched to the bungee configuration, I used one of those little plastic thingies that fit inside the octo's mouthpiece, and that thingie was tie-wrapped on a D-ring on my BCD.

Firefyter:
Yes this is the way to go. I breath off mine at least one time every dive. Love it this way

I think we're saying the same thing, but to clarify, are you suggesting donating an octopus bungeed around your neck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom