What to get Wet or Dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Flscubadad

Registered
Reaction score
Im about to start rebreather training. My first chose is a drysuit but the one I want is on back order. How long could I expect to stay down in the FL Springs 68-72*F with a good 7mm and Hood? Im not skin and bones I have some meat around my Mussels :)

Last edited:
I can do 3 hour dives on open circuit in a 5mm in the springs with a good 7mm hood. More comfortable with a good hooded vest, but not that difficult. I'm from New England though so I have a very high cold water tolerance.
On a CCR you'll be more comfortable due to the warm air vs. cold air.

Thanks for the input tbone

what suit is backordered for you?

also, depending on surface temps, that time goes up and down btw. Right now, it would be down, and I would not do multiple dives exceeding 90 minutes like that because there is no chance to really warm up at the surface. Pros and cons, but a 7mm with a good hood will last you a good long while

If you fit into a non-custom sized Santi and don't care about color, Halcyon seems to often have a decent selection in house they can finish for you in a couple of days via Extreme Exposure or other FL dealer. But they are not inexpensive.

I can do a three hour dive in most North Florida caves in a 7 mil wetsuit on my CCR. It does get uncomfortable during deco.

Hollis back ordering gear?? Some things never change....

Thanks for the input guys. I have 2 weeks before Training so I'm crossing my fingers Hollis says first of Feb for my Suit.. we will see, I rather pay(cry) once then settle for less.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom