What to do with 25+ year old fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you don't want to just list them for $20 or so on FB marketplace/Craigslist, you can donate them! Some organizations around here (like the Florida Springs Institute) accept donated masks & snorkels etc to distribute to folks who may not otherwise have access. I think some other folks mentioned Diveheart - you can also ask around your local area for organiziations (Boy/Girl Scouts, local schools, YMCA, etc) that would appreciate them. Most teens are wearing adult sizes, so the shoe size shouldn't be an issue.

Some of our local dive sites also have a "donation/free pile" (i.e., for lost-and-found belongings that were never claimed) - I've seen snorkels and masks etc appear there, could consider adding your fins.

If they still have the original straps, I think you should exchange them for new spring straps before using them.

Surprised no one has said. I am still using the fins I started with 50 years ago.

You take some photos of the fins with their box and post them here

Dan Barringer has some good originalish rubber replacement straps

011.JPG

I am still using the fins I started with 50 years ago.

Of course! I have newer fins though and just aren't going to use these any more. Appreciate it, though!

I have no idea how much it would cost for shipping, but if they function I’m your Huckleberry! I’m new here so I’m not sure I can receive messages yet but I’ve been contemplating a set. I just retired my Scubapro Frameless that decided to give up the ghost in the Devil’s Den and they’ll be hanging up on the wall shortly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom