Question What to do in Sorong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think this topic has been discussed several times here in SB and the short answer is that there is nothing to do in Sorong. Just chill in in your hotel and wait seems to be the only option...

I'll be in the same situation in January. We will have almost a full day after finishing our stay in Raja Ampat to waste. Our flight departs next morning (8ish)...

Any other suggestions are welcome of course eg in case anything has changed post covid.

I’ll be there on Dec 3 with red eye flight from Jakarta. As soon as I arrive in Swiss Belhotel around 7am-ish, I’m going to hit the sack. Then when I wake up around noon, I probably get Gojek (motorcycle taxi) and checkout the open market like Jonathan did below.

Mermaid 2 crew will pick me up on the next day (the 4th) noon time.

I’ll be there on Dec 3 with red eye flight from Jakarta. As soon as I arrive in Swiss Belhotel around 7am-ish, I’m going to hit the sack. Then when I wake up around noon, I probably get Gojek (motorcycle taxi) and checkout the open market like Jonathan did below.

Mermaid 2 crew will pick me up on the next day (the 4th) noon time.
Do you eat at the hotel or are there any good restaurants nearby? Blue Manta 12/23 to 1/2 woo hoo!!

Do you eat at the hotel or are there any good restaurants nearby? Blue Manta 12/23 to 1/2 woo hoo!!
We'll miss to see each other by 2 weeks, but I'll be on Blue Manta in Feb 2024.

I wouldn't risk tummy-ache in So-wrong restaurant. Just have it in the hotel. They have pretty decent food in Swiss Belhotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom