What to do in Hopkins Belize?

Best Dive Operator in Hopkins Area

• Second Nature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveatlas

Registered
Reaction score
We are staying at Belizean Dreams in Hopkins Belize in November. We will be there for 8 nights.

Anybody here have suggestions for dive operators in the area? Also, what non-diving activities (restaurants, art, hikes) would you recommend. We will have a car.

I stayed at Hamanasi two years ago. Beautiful resort, not impressed with the dive op.
Topside, the Jaguar preserve is nice. Go as early in the day as you can as the wildlife disapears in the heat.
If you do have a car, the Hummingbird highway is a beautiful drive. definately do a cave excursion. The inland tours , for us, were the best part of our trip down there. make some time for them......
Enjoy!

We are going to be staying at Belizean Dreams next week and would love suggestions on food and activities there.

I was a guest at Jaguar reef last november. It was great! Second Nature was the local dive operators. Janet and Martin are two of the nicest people you will ever meet. Great time

You are all staying at the high-end self-contained resorts. ("A bit of USA to the south but with higher prices than Florida" could be the website banner?). It's also a long boat ride to the barrier reef and a l-o-n-g one to Glovers.

Those interested in a funkier road might love staying in Dangriga at Chaleanor Hotel as a base for land-based days in Belize. I also highly recommend staying at Tutzil Nah Cottages at Maya Center for wonderful guides (and people) in re Cockscomb Jaguar Preserve.

I dived one week a month ago on Tobacco Caye (Reefs End) -- good diving there, especially at S. Water Caye. Hard to get them to go to Glovers with fewer than 4 divers, went one day (only 45 min boat ride to Glovers from Tobacco) and it was 5-star diving. (Tobacco 3-star, S. Water 4-star).

The Dangriga area is interesting, fun, cheap and a good alternative to Ambergris Caye's new plastic feel (and hi prices). Also great access to the rainforest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom