What to do if you test positive before flying home?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread reopened. The discussion of natural vs. vaccine immunity has been moved here: COVID vaccine vs. natural immunity
Please remember this is the Cozumel forum, and the topic is what to do if you test positive before flying home. Thanks everyone.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread reopened. The discussion of natural vs. vaccine immunity has been moved here: COVID vaccine vs. natural immunity
Please remember this is the Cozumel forum, and the topic is what to do if you test positive before flying home. Thanks everyone.
Many posts including mine were transferred, It looks like you you did a pretty good culling in an attempt to put this topic back on it's original track.

I'm developing contingency plans for the homefront (pets, work, etc) in case I can't come home on time after my upcoming trip due to a positive test (despite being vaccinated). I would love to hear people's thoughts on what to do and not do on the island if, even while vaccinated, you end up testing positive just before heading home.

With breakthrough cases of vaccinated people all over the news it's bound to happen to some of us while on vacation, so I thought a thread about do's and don'ts might be helpful. Obviously you'll be staying on the island for another 10 days so you'd have to secure a roof over your head, but what other things should you consider?

For example, what about getting groceries without going to the store while you're infected? Are there any "shop for you" type services on the island that would pick up and deliver groceries? Any recommendations on a good hotel to wait out your quarantine if you can't stay where you already were? Etc.

What else comes to mind?

We had to quarantine for 14 days when we moved to EU and I paid a local grocery guy to shop and deliver for us.

We were in an empty house we had leased and used air mattresses. We cooked steaks on the stove in a frying pan and ate them off of floor tiles we found in the garage.

Delta, have you talked to the hotel where you are staying? When Coz was re-opening last summer 2020 many places were offering low-cost overstays but that was before business had picked up and I haven't heard much talk about that lately.

There are all kinds of delivery options. Finding and using them in a time of need might be stressful so my advice would be to try them a few times early in your trip when you can just go out yourself if needed.

As best I can gather, it's based on voluntary compliance.

Back
Top Bottom