What to Bring for Scuba trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rirby

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Traveling by air to Belize and wanted to know what to bring. I have not dove in several years and not sure what the dive shops rent. I would prefer to bring mask, fins & snorkel and rent everything else. Is this possible?

The shop I used had everything for rent but I would call or send e-mail before venturing down. If you're an odd size, there could be a problem.

Thanks, I will try contacting a dive shop. We are trying to dive one of the atolls (Lighthouse or Turneffe). We need a couple of shallow dives to get familiar.

Have you decided where you're staying? Most of the shops offer a refresher course which you might enjoy. And the water may be warm enough that you might not require a 3mm. Most of the locals dive in shorts and a rash guard.

If you are coming to Placencia, we have a full range of very well maintained equipment at Splash Dive Center. We are in the process of setting up our scuba/snorkel retail store and that may be ready by the time you arrive.
We also do PADI scuba tuneup.
Regards
Ralph

You might want to bring your OW student books to review if you haven't dove in several years. As you can see from the other posts, they are gently saying you probably shouldn't think you'll just backroll in the water and it will all come back to you. Ralph is giving you good advice on the "tuneup." As for scuba gear, everything you didn't mention can be rented. If you're going this summer, bring some mesquito repellant for topside.

Sorry I was late in replying. Good information took SSI course online and will do a refresher dive prior to going. Where is Palacencia? Is it on Ambergris Caye?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom