What Sync Cable Do I Need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daebado

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Have a G7X MKII in a Fantasea FG7XII housing and am getting ready to add an Inon S2000 strobe. Can't figure out what sync cable I need. I know I've seen this somewhere before but can't seem to locate the info now. Any help would be much appreciated!

You need a fiber optic cable with an L type connector on one end (that will plug into the housing) and an Inon D type connector on the other (that will screw into the strobe). Example: Fiber Optic Cable INON D Type to Sea&Sea 2 meters

Thanks, Barmaglot. That is very helpful and should get me on my way. Going to have to look a bit more, though as that one seems really long! 2 meters?? I don't see any way I would ever need one that is over 6' long! Am I missing something here? Why would someone need that much length?

2 meters is the fully uncoiled length - coiled up it's about two feet, good for passing along two 8" arm segments.

I guess the more I think about it, that's not that excessive after all. Is it too late to retract my question? :)

Back
Top Bottom