What size jet fin fits a DR 905 size 8 boot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micklock

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone who has a Dive Rite 905 with size 8 boots have jet fins? Does the large size fit?

I think mine had size 8 boots....and the large jet fins (with spring straps) fit fairly well. Mind you, it was a snug fit, but I could get them on and off by myself. I do have small feet (the size 8 boots were about two sizes too big), so that might have made a difference in the type of fin size I could cram the DR boots into.

I have size 9 DUI rock boots that fit the Large jetfin with 12 inch springs... Hope that helps a little....

I think mine had size 8 boots....and the large jet fins (with spring straps) fit fairly well. Mind you, it was a snug fit, but I could get them on and off by myself. I do have small feet (the size 8 boots were about two sizes too big), so that might have made a difference in the type of fin size I could cram the DR boots into.

Thanks bam, I tried some XS Powerfins size large but they didn't go on all the way. I not sure if the lg jets would be the same, and I tried a guys Turtles on but they were way too big. I like the lenght of the lg powerfins, if only they had a bigger foot pocket.

Have you used Jets before? I thought my Jets didn't fit well the first time I put them on, because the foot pocket was so short compared to my Mares X-3 fins (on those fins, the foot pocket extended all the way to the back of my heel). With the Jets, the top of the foot pocket comes up to around 3/4 of the way up my foot, and the back of the foot pocket ends just before the heel of my foot. It felt kinda "short" at first, but when I dove with it, it felt fine in the water.

No I have not dove them yet, the lakes are all frozen. The fins I have now are Mares Plana Avanti's size regular and they go on all the way. Maybe I will try the size large powerfins if I take the ice diving class in a couple weeks from now. I got them new for $72 with spring straps.

Thanks Mike, do they go on all the way?

Yes actually they do. I drove to several LDS that had the Jetfin in Large and X-large, I also tried on the Turtles made by XS scuba... The XL jets are ridicously large and my foot flopped all over inside. The XL also sticks out further than the size Large.

Now remember that the Jets do not come with springs that is an additional cost. When trying on the Jets size large with standard straps they fit my size 9 rockboot, remember that DUI rockboots at the tip of the shoe have a wide girth.

I use silcone spray to ease the entry and they do go on. However, I use Atomic split fins with steel springs and therefore required a set for my Jets.

I took my new Jets size Large to another LDS and had them measure my foot, ankle you name it they did it. The springs by Scubapro come in two sizes 10 inch and 12 inch.

The 12 inch will work with the DUI 9 rockboot perfect, the 10 inch will fit but it is restrictive and I don't want that.

I posted on the DUI thread with pictures here it is:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dui/263348-fin-size-rock-boot.html

Hope it helps you out...

P.S
If your boot is rather large like the DUI rockboots the Hollis F1 fin is way better as it comes already with steel springs and its shape fit my DUI boot better, easier to get in and out without hesitation, only problem is I had already purchased my jets with springs....

Does anyone who has a Dive Rite 905 with size 8 boots have jet fins? Does the large size fit?
I dunno - but I have a pair of size large Jets for sale for $40 if you want them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom