What size Chuck Taylors for DS with neoprene socks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rye_a

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new Pinnacle Freedom DS coming from Mike at Dive Right In and I want to get some Chuck Taylors to go with it. The problem is that I have size 12 feet, and local stores only stock Chucks up to a 12. Should I order 1 size bigger? Two sizes?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue when I got my Bare Nex-Gen a few months back, which also has neoprene socks. I was able to find all sorts of styles and sizes of CTs on Amazon.com. I also wear a size 12 and size 15 CTs were a perfect fit for my suit. I originally purchased size 13s and sent them back for size 15. I hope this helps you out. By the way, also make sure that they fit in your fins. :)

I had a similar issue when I got my Bare Nex-Gen a few months back, which also has neoprene socks. I was able to find all sorts of styles and sizes of CTs on Amazon.com. I also wear a size 12 and size 15 CTs were a perfect fit for my suit. I originally purchased size 13s and sent them back for size 15. I hope this helps you out. By the way, also make sure that they fit in your fins. :)

Thanks. I need to get new fins, too. what kind/size do you have? I'm planning to either stick with Jetfins or go to OMS Slipstreams.

Thanks. I need to get new fins, too. what kind/size do you have? I'm planning to either stick with Jetfins or go to OMS Slipstreams.

I'd say go for the XXL Slipstreams. I wear an 11 or 12 shoe and with the White's Evo boots that came with my Fusion, the XXL Slips are a PERFECT fit. The XL Jets will be too small, and you could park your car in the foot pocket on the XXL Jets. Sadly Scubapro really screwed the pooch when it came to sizing the XXL foot pockets.

I have some 15 year old Mares avanti's and a set of Oceanic V-12s. Both are XL and fit my Chucks just fine.

I have the Whites Fusion and I went up a full 2 sizes for my Chucks. The fusion does not have the neoprene socks though.

Up 2 sizes is about right for the Converse. I'm on my second pair, and use them with my DUI DS. I have Super Rocket II fins from AquaLung and they fit fantastic with my size 11 shoes.

theskull

Man, I'm gonna look funny walking into Dick's with a pair of fins! :D

That said....are the CT's not as wide as "rock boots" I'm still hedging on whether to get the built in boots or the socks when I get mine replaced.

Man, I'm gonna look funny walking into Dick's with a pair of fins! :D

That said....are the CT's not as wide as "rock boots" I'm still hedging on whether to get the built in boots or the socks when I get mine replaced.

I did it...I went into several stores...in the MALL, with 2 pairs of thick wool socks and my jet fins

It couldn't be anymore strange than the kids at Hot Topic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom