what size boot to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ronhend

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm looking at buying my first dry suit and am looking at one that comes with a 3 mm soft boot.
My question is, what size boot do I buy that will fit over this soft boot?

Is there some sort of rule of thumb?

I wear a size 11 shoe, what size boot would I want to buy??

Thanks,

Ron

I dont know if there is a rule of thumb since I am new to drysuit diving as well. I have the Pinnacle Evolution 2 suit which has a soft boot attached, I have a size 12 foot and ordered a size 13 DUI rock boot. The size 13 fits perfectly. It also is just right for my fins as well.

Brent

You really should try on some boots with your dry suit on to find out for sure and don't forget to bring your fins because the boots need to fit the fins too. You might end up needing to buy new fins if you have been diving with wetsuit boots.

Hi All,

I'm looking at buying my first dry suit and am looking at one that comes with a 3 mm soft boot.
My question is, what size boot do I buy that will fit over this soft boot?

Is there some sort of rule of thumb?

I wear a size 11 shoe, what size boot would I want to buy??

1 to 2 sizes larger than your shoe size will probably be about right for insulation to match water temps below 50 degrees F. If you go with same as shoe size, it's likely to be tight and cold as a result, IMHO.

Personally, for water temps from 40 to 50 degrees F., one size oversize will accomodate a couple of thick pairs of wool socks in my DUI crushed neoprene socks, which are about 2mm thick.

Below 40 degrees, I might go with a third pair or the equivalent Weezle socks plus a pair of wool socks. Then I like to go two sizes oversize to have the roomy fit I like.

YMMV with your 3mm neoprene drysuit sock, however.

I'd say get drysuit boots with a roomy fit when wearing your maximum foot insulation, then get fins that fit the boots. Try everything on before buying, if possible.

Also, lacing your boots somewhat loosely will allow your feet better blood flow and warmth. No more numb toes! :D

Dave C

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom