What size BC for my girlfriend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCgreg

Registered
Reaction score
I want to surprise my girlfriend with a Zeagle Zena BC for her birthday.

She's 5'9" 140. What size Zena should I get her?

Thanks.

go to your LDS and tell them...if it is the wrong size I am sure they will exchange it for correct size...

I would, but I'm about 70 miles from my LDS. I'd really like to get it right the first time.

Thanks.

I want to surprise my girlfriend with a Zeagle Zena BC for her birthday.

She's 5'9" 140. What size Zena should I get her?

Thanks.

If life were only that simple. Height and weight are only two variables. At a LDS, they will fit a Zeagle based on other important variables, such as Chest/Bust Size, and combine different sized components. I would suggest that you somehow, discretely try and get the proper measurements and follow the guidelines on the Zeagle website:

Vest Size*
Fit to waist size so upper band is secure around waist:
XS- 25 to 36
SM- 26 to 37
MD- 32 to 43
LG- 35 to 48
XL*- 37 to 52

Front Panel Size*
Fit to Chest/ Bust Size:
SM- 30 to 34
MD- 34 to 37
LG- 37 to 42

Shoulder Section**
Fit to torso length, size so upper waist band is at natural waist.
XS- 10 to 13
SM- 13 to 16
MD- 15 to 18
LG- 17 to 19
XL*- 18 to 21

* XL is a Custom Size available for an extra charge. Other Custom Sizes are also available.
**Due to variations in body type, the Zena BC component sizing table should be used as a guide only.
Different sized components can be combined to best fit the individual. Fitting should be carried out by a Zeagle dealer.

If getting these measurements proves to be too difficult or dangerous, you could: 1) buy the closest size with an agreement with the LDS that you will return for a proper fitting, or 2) Take her to the LDS on her birthday as part of the surprise (along with a nice dinner, flowers, wine, etc...).

My other half is 5'9" and close to 130 - 140 and wears a medium Zena

If her pony bottles aren't over a C cup then a medium should do OK for her too.

Thanks Gibby...and no, unfortunatley the pony bottles are not over a C.

Personally, I'd call ScubaToys and tell them what you're wanting to do. Order the medium (like gibby suggests) making sure they understand you may need to swap something out...the shoulders being a very common piece that needs changing.

When your girlfriend opens and tries on her new BC, make sure she knows how to adjust and wear it properly. The middle straps should sit at her natural waist (below the ribs), and the BC should be tightened from the bottom up. Once all straps are loose and the corset is zipped up, pull the BC down until the middle strap is at waist level. Tighten the lower straps first, then middle, then snug the shoulders down (not tight!).

The straps should have 40-50% left for thicker/thinner suits. If any of them are maxed out either in or out, you'll need to swap out parts. If they are ALL pulled in completely, she'll need a smaller size.

This process should take no more than 10-15 seconds, and I've found being horizontal is the best position to get the perfect fit. Once adjusted properly, I never have to touch my BC during a dive and can literally be in any position without worrying about tank roll or ride-up.

Don't you know it is always better to give your woman a small?
"....you look SO petite"

I have a Zena and I agree that height and weight are only a couple of factors, it adjusts easily in several places and I believe you can buy larger corset panels if more is needed for the chest area.

I like Marine's idea the best, take her out for wine, dinner and LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom