Question What sites should be avoided for Junior OWD? (+buddies Mar 24-28)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gajahduduk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be diving with my Junior OW son in March. Are there any sites you'd suggest avoiding completely due to depth > 18 m (reefs all or mostly greater than that depth) or otherwise not condusive for a beginner diver? (He's a natural though, 10 dives in first 6 months certified, one cold water even, and zero issues.) My logs from my only previous visit show max depths in the 20-25m range generally, but I don't have the profile info or the memory to know which sites would have reefs too far out of depth range.

Oh and bonus if anyone diving March 24-28 – especially with kids – wants to connect for diving. And anyone those days want to connect for a couple deeper dives my son would sit out?

Depth wise, Hikma Hooker. I would avoid high current (Sweet dreams South). 30 to 60' is the sweet spot on most Bonaire dives.

Already said, the extreme ends of the island due to increased chance of currents. Also these sites are more remote decreasing the odds of someone being in the area in the unlikely event of trouble. Most of the sites can be enjoyed without exceeding 10-15 meters (30-45 feet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom