What should it be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oreo cookie

Reaction score
I need some advice on which equipment I should buy. I dont expect high-quality pics but if u have had a good experience on a good camera thats not so expensive, please tell me.

Hello,

What type of things will you be shooting and what buget are we talking here?

Ed

blacknet once bubbled...
Hello,

What type of things will you be shooting and what buget are we talking here?

Ed

No more than 200USD Ed.

You can get the Reefmaster (film) camera for right around 200. Then as your budget permits, you can add on strobes, macro etc. Their cheaper digital I wouldn't recommend, but they just came out with their second generation which is a 2.1. If you start out with the film, and then want to go digital (I'm sure they will come out with a better one soon), all of the accessories can be used on either camera.

I have a Reefmaster with double strobe set up and I got some pretty good pics. Its very simple to use. Then I upgraded to an Oly 4040 and PT-010...I'm still trying to learn...

The camera was $700. I got the housing and a strobe together for just under 1000. I think you can get the housing for about 200. Check out underwater digital.

I understand the 4040 is no longer made, but you can a 3040 which is a little cheaper and uses the same housing.

I agree with AliKat. You may still find a C-4040 on the shelf somewhere but unless you want huge enlargements, the C-3040 is an excellent camera. In fact, we just bought one for Beast as his first digital and he's already giving me a run for my money!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom