What should be included with a new Zeagle BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nicklebon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I picked up a new Zeagle Stiletto bcd for my son over the weekend. We went in thinking he wanted a something else but the Zeagle fit much better than anything else. We got it home and noticed several things:

1. No manual or no care/maintenance instructions nada.
2. My very old Zeagle Escape has two yellow bags to hold the weights in the rip cord pockets. This one has none.

Do I need to go back to the shop today and ask about these? Especially the yellow weight bags as these are integral to the weight system and should not be optional parts.

Thanks

I wouldn’t worry about the manual so much as you should be able to download online.

Go back to the shop about the yellow weight pouch things. It’s seems somewhat common for shops to take parts out of one item to show a customer or use as replacements for ones that were broken/missing and then don’t put them back/replace in the item the parts were taken from.

The yellow pouches are an add-on item, I bought mine after the sale. Hard weights did not fall through the lacing on mine when in use w/o the pouches. I did not notice a manual, there is a youtube vid on sizing and wear. See the attached pdf for a tad more info...

Attachments

• Zeagle-BC-Manual-2018.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
I don't think I got a manual with my Stiletto either. It's just the generic one you can download so no great loss.

I paid extra for the weight pockets also. Wouldn't hurt to call and ask though.

Hi,

I picked up a new Zeagle Stiletto bcd for my son over the weekend. We went in thinking he wanted a something else but the Zeagle fit much better than anything else. We got it home and noticed several things:

1. No manual or no care/maintenance instructions nada.
2. My very old Zeagle Escape has two yellow bags to hold the weights in the rip cord pockets. This one has none.

Do I need to go back to the shop today and ask about these? Especially the yellow weight bags as these are integral to the weight system and should not be optional parts.

Thanks

As others said, weight pouches are not included with the BC and are optional. After I bought my Stiletto, I considered buying them too, but they are pricey, so opted not to, and use BC w/o them just fine. They are not really integral to anything, but a convenience item.

I do have a manual, which is a generic Zeagle BC manual, not Stiletto-specific. I would ask shop for one for completeness.

Attachments

• 9B85B13F-A216-4E42-9A61-112A8065C5BA.jpeg
    9B85B13F-A216-4E42-9A61-112A8065C5BA.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 29
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom