What Settings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh:
Just checking on what other folks are doing for settings WB, ISO, Flash, AF, etc.... for your Nikons?? I have a D100.

Wow, MJH. That's sort of like asking how long a piece of string you need. It depends. That aside, I'll take a general shot at this although I'm a film shooter and can't help with the WB stuff. I shoot almost all of my wide angle (Nikonos/15mm) with 100 ISO film at f8 from a distance of 3-4 feet. I adjust my strobe for that distance based on its guide number (usually an Ikelite 200 set at 1/2 power) and I manage the ambient light (with the help of an ancient Sekonic MMII meter) with my shutter speed. Since I shoot wide angle with a Nikonos, I can choose from 1/30, 1/60, or 1/90. I'm usually at 1/60 or 1/90 when shooting toward the surface, and 1/30 if shooting horizontally. These are settings for wide angle in blue water at depths shallower than 100 feet. I also use 100 ISO film for macro. I use 2 strobes for macro and I shoot all macro at f22, 125th of a second with an N90s set on M. The strobes fire on TTL in that mode and exposure is a no-brainer. I hope this helps. -Clay

I have a D70 and I shoot in ISO200 most of the time. Shutter speed and F stop depends on whether I am shooting wide or macro, sunball in the background, blue blackground or black background etc, it all depends. I shoot in RAW so I just leave WB in auto as it does not matter anyhow. The camera is in autofocus, spot mode, also spot metering as well, strobe in manual mode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom