What port has the best diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveTub

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
G'day All
I have a weeks cruise in Mexico coming up in a couple of weeks.

Out of these ports where is the best diving, any wrecks or nice reef too be found ?

Acapulco
Zihuatanejo
Puerto Vallarta
Cabo San Lucas

Don't know about Acapulco or Zihuatanejo, but I've dove both PV & Cabo. Both have good diving. JUst hook up W/ a LDS....
Amigos Del Mar(LDS) is right at the Marina in Cabo.....

I can only speak for PV and its worth a day of diving. Look up PV Scuaba and talk to Alex.

Zihuatanejo Im not sure about but out of the other three Cabo San Lucas is far better The Dive s all are close to the Marina and you will see lots of Marine Life.
In P.V.the good Dives are far away and its hard to get the Time when your off a ship.
I have never had a bad Dive in Cabo and I like that your out at 9.30 am and back by 1.00pm or out at 2.00pm and back at 5.30pm.This leaves lots of time for shopping,eating,or to see the town. Maros shrimp house is a great place to eat with combos around $16.00 I Dive with a shop called Baja Dive they have been in Cabo 14 or 5 years and they will meet you at the cruise ship dock for the short walk the shop located in the Tesoro Hotel.
Email DeVore or Carla at cooldiver2@yahoo.com they are American owned and operated and never a cattle boat Dive.
I think they are making a new web page.
Theres a new shop called Baja Dive Center but its not the same.

Cabo would be your best bet, another vote for Amigos Del Mar.
the dive sites in Cabo are all within 5 to 10 mins of the cruise ship area. You can see sea lions, puffers, rays, eels, lots of tropicals and still have half the day to walk around Cabo.
PV has about the same type of fish and hard corals as Cabo, both have pretty good vis, BUT the dive sites are at least 30 mins (Los Arcos) to 1 1/2 hours (Las Mariettas) from the cruise ship port. PV is awesome to walk around though.
I haven't dove Zihwa or Acapulco. Have fun and take some sea sickness stuff along, my friend just returned from the same cruise and she was sick about half the time (the patch worked best for her).

Have fun and take some sea sickness stuff along, my friend just returned from the same cruise and she was sick about half the time (the patch worked best for her).

Thank you, sea sickness should not be a problem, I worked on cruise ships for 3 years out of Australia, I mis those days. :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom