What Pelican for my can light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ulfhedinn

-Skill Collector-
Reaction score
Picked up a Light Monkey LED 21W Canister Light. Would like to protect my 1200 investment. Any recomendations? They have so many sizes Im a liitle overwelmed. Do any of you have one with two can lights in it? If so what size is that too... for future additions or as another option :wink:

I have a couple Pelican cases. They now are used for other things than holding dive lights. Reason is we pack all our gear into bins for easy transportation. I found it is just as safe packed into my bin surrounded by my undergarments. If my regs are in the dive bin too, then everything is set into levels so nothing touches. Less equipment to store, and less equipment to haul to and from the dive site is a good thing. I have a Salvo 21 watt HID and it has been a tough light, so I can only imagine the LED is even tougher. Just something to think about :wink:

What I do with my LED can light is to put in with my other gear (in a bin or bag) with a cover over the light head made from a neoprene beer bottle cozie. Just a couple of bucks from your local BevMo. Note: beer can cozies are too big. They're more suited for HID light heads.

I don't see any need for a separate Pelican case. Heck, you chose the LED over the HID because it wasn't fragile, right?

Oh yes I love my light head cover. You can see the Pelican 1450 for size reference in the back ground. It has been re-purposed now.

Attachments

• Finished.jpg
    Finished.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 321
Oh I like the cozie.. Now you got me looking for one of those

I use a pelican 1500 case if I'm going on a longer trip by car. For day trips it just gets tossed in the tub with the rest of my gear and when I fly it gets packed with my regs in the carry on. I always have a coozie on the head except when it's in the pelican case.

a6934c69-98c6-b0df.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pelican 1450 for my Salvo 21W HID. I could fit the charger in the center portion if I wanted, though I haven't cut the foam for it yet.
photo.jpg

Take a look on ebay "Bolton Tool" has a Pelican style case at like 1/2 the price. I just ordered one to try out for my 35w Salvo HID.

58$ shipped 18x4x7.

Back
Top Bottom