What Length Manifold?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ouvea

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Guys:

Going to take GUE Doubles Primer and need to setup my tanks. I'm using mid pressure Faber steel tanks with an outer diameter of 6.9 inches. I have found bands from Piranha Manufacturing, which will work with my tanks. Can anyone tell me what length manifold I need to purchase? Also, are there any real differences (durability wise) with valves from Thermo/XS Scuba, Dive Rite, Pinanha Mfg or OMS?

Thanks,
O.

Definitely check. The most common manifold is 215mm/8.46" but a 190mm/7.48" is available form a few suppliers like Pinanha. Bands and manifolds have to play nice together. There are also a few bands around for 6.9" cylinders that are made for the pre-isolation manifold days (old steel 72s) that don't fit either manifold.

Either width, I recommend a manifold that is DIN and Yoke convertible to keep your resale options open. You also have to order the right manifold for the pressure rating of the cylinders you are installing them on so the blow-out disks are sized right. Disks can be changed of you change cylinders later.

Back
Top Bottom