What Kind Of Instructor Are You ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Instructor Alliance

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
INDEPENDENT INSTRUCTORS - a different perspective

For our own purposes we classify instructors into three different categories. HOBBY Instructors - - who may or may not ever feel a real need to teach – are usually satisfied belonging - - and are OK with the status que.

VOCATION instructors – -those wishing to change vocations – a very slippery slope within the dive industry -however ample data on Scubaboard already.

AVOCATION INSTRUCTORS

Our target is Southeastern instructors who would like to comfortably supplement their regular or retirement income and feed their habit. OUR definition of a Successful Scuba Instructor : One who conducts effective Mentorship style training at all levels of recreational scuba producing high quality – highly proficient divers while earning an adequate wage ( 33 $/hr./net MINIMUM ) which nicely supplements their regular or retirement income allowing them to build a personal base for training and trip activities. Our target market are those who see high value in individualized progression and the personal benefits of mentorship style training – and are willing to pay for the difference. What many prospective scuba students actually want can be very different - - IF - they find out the “ very different “ is available. Also these individuals are usually easier to train because they see VALUE in helping us help them.

The new technically advanced Mentorship training system – at all levels – is easier to conduct - - provides very superior results - - excellent pay vs. normal – high rollover ratios for future growth - - Why would this not be considered by professional minded instructors???

To examine philosophies – background and specifics - - VISIT www.nsiausa.com

Using this concept I had my best year ever. I stopped trying to compete against the shop offering $199 certifications and focused on finding those individuals who were looking for a one on one instructor. I didn't have to sell anyone...they asked and were willing to pay the higher cost in order to get a good quality. Out of all the students I had this summer only one asked the price. I think my favorite part is the relationship I am able to build working one on one. I already have deposits for advanced classes form 75% of this years students. I couldn't be happier with the skill level and ability of my certified students. I would be happy to have anyone of them as a dive buddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom